Sunday, 16 October 2016

Writing - The Shed C Scrolls

To appreciate this post one should do what it is we all do when reading a piece of fiction. We should allow our imagination free rein to wander where it will.

Image result for shed
Shed C!

Scholars claim to have discovered a neglected parchment in one of the temporary buildings presently housing relics in Judea. 

Adam said: "Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me every day. Now I do not see you any more. When Eve's in one of her moods I get lonely, and it's hard to remember how much you love me."

God said: "I will create a companion that will be with you for ever and who will be a reflection of my love for you. This new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do - even when thou art a pain."

And God created a new animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased, and it wagged its tail.

Image result for dog clipart

Adam said: "Lord, I have already named all the animals and I don't know hat to call this one. 
And God said: "He is a reflection of my love for you, so his name will reflect mine. Call him Dog."

And Dog lived with Adam and loved him. And Adam was much comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was pleased, and Dog wagged his tail, a lot.

Image result for God

But after a while, the Lord saw that Adam was filled with pride. He strutted and preened like a peacock and believed that he was worthy of constant adoration. It was Dog that had taught him this.

And God said: "I will create for him another companion who sees him as he truly is and reminds him of his many limitations so that he will know that he is not worthy of constant adoration."

Image result for aloof cat

And God created Cat. And Cat would not obey Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he saw nothing but indifference. So Adam learned humility. God was pleased and Adam was somewhat improved. And Dog was still relatively content because Cat sometimes wandered off and then Dog had Adam all to himself. And Dog wagged his tail.

And Cat? He couldn't care less because after all he was a cat.

And for those who are pondering a Dog or a Cat in their homes, remember,

Dogs have owners,
Cats have staff.

Image result for cats and dogs fighting

God Bless