Friday, 17 March 2017

Writing - Words from raindrops

As I have been focusing on my books the final one is Words from the Raindrops. Now the first collection of poetry was as much a learning curve as is writing a first novel and so this second collection I believe to be more grown up. There is a fuller description below.

 We don't read poetry because it is cute.
We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race,
and the human race is full of passion.
(Robin Williams)

The reaction of people when I say that I write poetry is often odd. Usually they don't know what to say, but mostly it is almost an embarrassed silence. Perhaps they are expecting me to wear beds dark glasses and a pony tail. I think this stems from the fact that they understand that poetry is about emotions and us Britishers don't talk about our emotions.
Robin Williams opinion of poetry catches it all.




This second collection of poetry is different from ‘The Musings of a Confused Mind’ in that it is NOT intended as a semi-educational experience in which I explore a range of styles with examples and rules. This collection apart from some recent insertions, if read chronologically, could almost be biographical in that I write poetry weekly and the enclosed works are from the last three years. When I write poetry I choose a style that feels appropriate to the subject and mood I’m feeling at the time. It is my wish, as always, that when this is read it delivers something to the reader and provides a level of entertainment. Also if you need an outlet for tensions of your own then try writing.



God Bless